Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Vacation Part One!

 
Last Friday we left our northern home and traveled 18 hours south.
Silas and I came to Branson on our honeymoon almost 2 years ago and this is the
first time we have been back. My family went last year so this time
we all went together.
 
Samuel did really well in the car. We did the whole trip in one stretch. It was a
long day, but it was good to just get it over with.
 

Saturday we spent a couple of hours at Silver Dollar City.
We didn't hit all the rides, but we still have tomorrow and Thursday
to get them all in.
The kids have really enjoyed riding on all the rides. They even go on
a couple of roller coasters. Though no one is quite brave enough to go on the
Barn Swing with my dad. :)
Sunday we went to a small church in the area. Their pianist was away so
they asked me to fill in for them. It was a neat experience. Our group about doubled
their attendance for the day. :)
That afternoon Silas, Samuel and I went to the Butterfly Palace.
This was a Banyan Tree Adventure. They had a whole bunch of bungee cords
strung up you had to make your way through. It was supposed to be how it is to
get through the jungle.



They have the room with all kinds of butterflies flying around. They gave you a tube
with some kind of nectar and if you held it still butterflies would come and land on it.

 They also had a room full of reptiles.
 
One of Silas' favorite things here was the mirror maze. It sure plays
ticks on your mind. Silas got ahead of me and I could see 5 of him but I had
no idea which one was the real Silas.
Last night we went to the Dixie Stampede with my family. I don't have
many pictures from that.
 
That's all for now. Stay tuned for more pictures coming soon. :)
 
 

2 comments:

  1. AWESOME!!! I love the pictures! I've always wanted to go in a mirror maze, you'll have to tell me all about it when you get home!:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...this looks like so much fun! I am glad that Samuel had a good trip and didn't fuss too bad!! Blessings on your day!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete